Living and working in Buckinghamshire
- Well connected to London with tube connections in Amersham and Chesham.
- One hour National Rail service into London Marylebone
- Glorious countryside on your doorstep with the highest number of National Trust attractions in the UK
- Locations to suit a range of lifestyles and budgets
- Excellent road connections to M25, M1, M4, M40
- Exceptional schools across the county
What Buckinghamshire Council can offer you
- A great worklife balance
- Pay and financial benefits
- The chance to contribute to your local community
- Generous leave entitlement
- Career development
- Our culture
Top job categories
We support many primary and secondary schools in Buckinghamshire to find the right fit for their roles. Whether you are a qualified teacher, teaching assistant or school support staff looking for a new challenge, you’ll find all of our current opportunities here.
Our dedicated and talented social care teams do everything they can to support those who really need it. Whether it’s helping our more vulnerable residents to live as independently as possible or supporting children and their families through difficult times, ensuring the best outcomes for our residents is at the heart of what they do.
Our Communities teams cover the neighbourhood, transport, sport, culture and leisure services throughout Buckinghamshire. They ensure the services we provide to our local community are running as effectively as possible. We offer a wide range of job roles in areas such as Waste, Flood Management teams, School Transport and Libraries.
Buckinghamshire is a diverse and ever changing county, with exciting transport and infrastructure opportunities. By joining one of our Transport or Planning teams, you’ll be involved in many high profile projects and see the direct impact of your work within the community. You’ll support us in delivering the results our local residents and businesses deserve.
From specialised HR professionals, to ICT specialists and business support administrators, our corporate roles are vital in supporting all services across the council. Whether you have a background in one of our key areas, or are looking for a new challenge, this could be the route for you.