Diversity & Inclusion
Our biggest strength comes from the people that work for us, and that’s why we’re working hard to continue to be an accessible and inclusive organisation. From dedicated staff networks overseen by our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group, to proudly standing as a Disability Confident employer, it’s important to us that all our colleagues feel engaged, listened to, and valued.
When you join us, you can benefit from the following networks:
- Armed Forces staff network – an Armed Forces community for reservists, service families, veterans and cadets
- Carers’ staff network – a safe environment for carers to meet with other carers, creating a valuable opportunity to discuss the issues you may be facing
- Disability and Wellness staff network – support for our disabled colleagues, to make sure their voice is heard and to ensure the council is offering an inclusive environment that suits the needs of all colleagues
- LGBT+ staff network – The LGBT+ staff network aims to support the views of all staff who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, bigender and non-binary, as well LGBT+ allies
- Race Equality staff network – a network to reflect the diversity of staff across the council, ensuring all voices are represented and heard, whilst increasing visibility on the experiences we are keen to tackle