Nurturing futures, transforming lives: Join our Children's Services team.
Ready to make a real impact and be a part of something bigger? We're all about providing exceptional care and support to vulnerable children across the county, and it’s our mission to keep young people of Buckinghamshire safe, happy, and on track to reach their full potential.
Our Children's Services teams are responsible for a wide range of vital functions, including child protection, family support, fostering, adoption, and youth services. We work collaboratively with other agencies, professionals, and community partners to create a supportive and protective network for children and families in need.
We offer a number of great career opportunities in Children's Services, which are perfect for both seasoned professionals and newcomers to the field.
Why join us?
We know that having a dedicated team is crucial to achieving our ambitions. That's why we value our people above all else. So, if you're ready to join us and make a difference, we've got some fantastic perks lined up for you:
- A variety of rewards and benefits
- Including a market premium payment (for those eligible), plus a golden hello payment of up to £2,125 (payable on successful completion of probationary period) for qualified Social Workers.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Trained professionals offer round the clock confidential support for staff on personal and professional issues.
- Wellness Week
- Activities every 6 weeks, including meditation, baking, and reiki.
- Professional development
- Access training opportunities, career pathways and programmes to support your professional development, as well as learning tools, workshops, and mentoring to level up your skills and develop your career.
- Free parking
- Free parking at a number of office-based locations throughout the county.
- Inclusive team
- When you join our team, you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive work environment, that's all about equality and embracing diversity.
- Flexible working
- We also offer flexible working arrangements to support your well-being and help you maintain a positive work-life balance.
Hear what our staff have to say…
“The progression opportunities at Buckinghamshire Council are excellent, and we are all encouraged to develop our skills. My team is extremely supportive, and management are approachable and acknowledge our hard work, which makes us feel motivated and appreciated.”
Sue, Social Worker
“As a team, we are always striving to improve, with many opportunities for professional development in a safe and supported environment.”
Julia, Social Worker
“The support and training that we have, especially for new starters, is brilliant. There are lots of opportunities to progress. It is a rewarding job and a rewarding place to be.”
Emma, Team Manager
Want to be part of something bigger?
Check out the latest job opportunities at Buckinghamshire Council. Explore our jobs portal start your journey with us today.