By working with us, you are part of something bigger. From supporting residents who are at the heart of what we do, to shaping our county for now and future generations – as a Buckinghamshire Council employee, you contribute to the local community, whatever your role.
As one of the biggest local authorities in the UK, we are part of a network of partners spanning both public and private sectors. Our work matters, and together, we can achieve big things.
Our services are wide-ranging. From Accounting to Zoo Licensing, the opportunities to grow and progress are endless. Everyone has a voice and we listen, which is why regular communications and staff-led networks are so important to us.
We have a set of values, which our employees have chosen, that represent what we are – Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy.
By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including an Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- a unified voice through our Employee Representative Group
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career with us
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events